Need a compact travel zoom, dyzzing choices. Recommendations?

Started Aug 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
IEBA1
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
Re: Need a compact travel zoom, dyzzing choices. Recommendations?
In reply to Joseph Mama, Sep 10, 2013

I would think there was a travel zoom roundup, but I haven't found a recent one. The choices are pretty dyzzing. I'd like WiFi so I can access images with my phone, which can't zoom, etc. I'm not looking for filters, or superzoom, and if the lens stops down to f8 with a 20x I think that sort of defeats the purpose.
I've had Panny compact Point & Shoot sin the past but after one screen got cracked internally without a single ding or scratch on the camera, and the replacement got dust on the inside of the lens glass, I have shied away from them- scared of the build quality.
We tried a Nikon and I thought it was aweful. IQ sucked. That was about 6 months ago. THere was also a Sony about 2 years ago, it was okay, and the multi-shot night mode was impressive, but overall I was not really impressed with the images. I have have used Canon consumer cameras for about the last 10 years but have no problem moving to another camera if the IQ warrants it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow