Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,391Gear list
Like?
Re: The Advantages of DR400 vs DR200 vs DR100 - High Contrast Scene
In reply to David Rosser, 10 months ago

David Rosser wrote:

1) Select RAW only not RAW + jpeg

I'm not sure that it matters...

2) Set DR to DR100 not any other setting. Interesting point: if you set ISO100 and RAW only you can only choose between DR100 and AUTO but if you choose ISO200 you can choose between DR100, DR200 and AUTO.

That's normal behaviour - that's what I have been saying and is in all literature on the subject

Other lessons I have learned are that loss of sharpness due to diffraction makes f/11 virtually unusable.

Not sure I agree.  On a landscape (such as my railways station platform shots) I have run f10 and the control lights in the distance are pin sharp.  Check it out - look for the sharp red dots.

However, we know that anything above f5.6 will definitely show the effects of diffraction on fine detail close up, compared to f4, for example.

Another strange point I have one picture showing noticeable barrel distortion in RawDigger that is not nearly so noticeable in Lightroom 5 yet there is no lens profile in Lightroom - mysterious.

The lens profile is in ACR I believe.  ACR is the foundation of Lightroom.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow