Veteran MemberPosts: 5,665Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR Says If Coming From E-3/5 You'll Be Dissapointed In Focusing
In reply to CollBaxter, 10 months ago

CollBaxter wrote:

jim stirling wrote:

Ulfric M Douglas wrote:

Darrell500 wrote:

Hmmm this doesn't match up with everything else we've heard does it. ...

Focusing is supposed to be similar to live view which I just really happen to pay attention to while shooting last night at the fair, fast but no cigar.

OLYMPUS LIED TO ME TWICE NOW, ...

Personally I'm very impressed as the PD-AF focus speed looks dramatically better than ANY DSLR live-view focus, EVER.

How does the Sony SLT thingamabobs do regarding AF ? I know that the SLT tech effects high ISO but I haven't really seen many reports re AF. Basing a claim on being better than DSLR live view is not really saying much

I played with a A99 for a while. Focus seems ok which means I did not miss much as you only notice things you miss . I did not like the viewfinder though. There should be no difference between live view on the back screen or shooting through the EVF. Actually the viewfinder has a higher density.

-- hide signature --

Collin

Thanks Collin I am still in the OVF is best camp but I do appreciate the advantages of an EVF .I think maybe the jump to mirroless came before the critical tech such as very high quality EVF and especially AF got up to scratch. People bemoan Nikon and Canon for not delivering high end APS/FF mirrorless but I think that while DSLR models are still vastly outselling mirrorless { 84% of cameras shipped from Japan in the first 6 months of this year} they have no reason to rush and when they do get round to it all the tech will be in situ, it has been an expensive journey through camera bodies in mFT for many to get up to a decent level.

Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow