Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jonathan Crilly
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Sorry had to ask......EM1 v FF
11 months ago

As a long time Olympus user I was thinking about pulling the trigger on the EM1 and the 12-40mm. I am looking at the price and thinking to myself "for not a lot more I could purchase a D600 or a 6D". Yes they are bigger and yes they are not built to the same standard as the EM1 - but for image quality they will beat it.

I tried a D700 recently and it is a beast, weighs a tonne when combined with even the cheaper glass like the 24-85mm - but the viewfinder is lovely and the autofocus tracking is great, though in single shot focus it can't compete with the EM5.

I am attracted by the big viewfinder of the EM1 and the fact that I have a number of micro four thirds lenses including the 75mm, 12mm, 9-18mm, 12-50mm, 45mm, 40-150mm and Panasonic 14mm put me off switching.

I mainly shoot portraits and lascapes with the occassional foray into sports and action (airshows and motorsports events).

So what are your opinions? Anyone else thinking maybe it is time to switch to Full Frame?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow