Thank you DPR .

Started Sep 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Messier Object
Senior MemberPosts: 2,883Gear list
Like?
Collin
In reply to CollBaxter, Sep 10, 2013

Collin,

IF  YOU are not going to dive in and test it with a big lens,,, leave it out in the rain all night,,, take it out into the Namibian desert dust,,, and stand you ground to a charging rhino while you test CAF then who's going to do it for us?

I've been busy telling the missus it's a bad camera just so she won't buy it as another surprise (E-5, ZD300, 5DIII - all of which were rather nice surprises)

Seriously though,
reading the various reviews it looks like a damn good camera and I'm interested to try that new EVF and 10 fps. The tiny battery is worry though. Does the HLD take two, or is it one in the breach and one in the magazine like the EM-5 ? That would be a worry for me out in the bush having to change batteries. Not to mention the cost of buying the HLD and 5 extra batteries.

I see it the same as you and Dennis and others . . .unless I can see a positive AF review from a trusted bird/wildlife shooter of the 150mm, 50-200, 90-250 and 300mm with both EC's then I'm unlikely to buy it. It's just got to be better than the E-5 for it to be called a replacement/successor.

And blogs and reviews that do studio AF tests of static subjects are (as you well know) worth poop when it comes to how well it will work with 4/3 lenses shooting moving subjects with background clutter in average light
I'm sure it will be a big success and there will be a newer model within 2-3 years.
The good Plan-A then might be to just wait for the next model and keep shooting our E-5's
In the meantime I'm sure there will be enough of us left here to keep the light on.
or there is the Plan-B: I've been thinking of getting a 50-500 or 150-500 Bigma for my canon j ust to see if I like it, but I know I'd get hooked and that path leads to the hard stuff . . a 500mm /4 L .

Peter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow