Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
boggis the cat
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,284Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR Says If Coming From E-3/5 You'll Be Dissapointed In Focusing
In reply to CollBaxter, 10 months ago

CollBaxter wrote:

CharlesB58 wrote:

Because we all know dpr is the only review worth reading...

Yep one you can trust. I trust them emphatically as they have no vested interest like some of the blogers out there. Ephotozine is anther they are one of the only Sites to show the distortions on m4/3 lenses pre correction the others just pass them over.

Yep I can trust DPR.

I don't think it is about "trust" so much as a good process.

Note that these are "first impressions" -- and, apparently, compared to the Canon 70D.

We'll need to see some proper side-by-side type well-controlled testing to get a handle on how this new-fangled PDAF implementation works.

Seems ridiculous to disable AF in video, too.  Especially as they have a generic mic input now.  Olympus don't seem to trust their 'PRO' users to be able to adapt to the possibility of noise pick-up from standard FT lenses.

(Or, more cynically, they only want the shiny new MicroFT lenses to be fully usable for video.)

boggis the cat's gear list:boggis the cat's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow