DPR Says If Coming From E-3/5 You'll Be Dissapointed In Focusing

Started Sep 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Darrell500
Senior MemberPosts: 2,009Gear list
Like?
Re: Where did Olympus commit to continue DSLR's?
In reply to Raist3d, Sep 10, 2013

Raist3d wrote:

Darrell500 wrote:

Hmmm this doesn't match up with everything else we've heard does it. I got another benefit from reading the article on DPR and that is playing with their new studio tool. Wow it doesn't have the EM-1 yet, but compare the 5DMkIII to the EP5 or anything else, and unless your blind you can't help but see the difference with the FF camera.

Focusing is supposed to be similar to live view which I just really happen to pay attention to while shooting last night at the fair, fast but no cigar.

OLYMPUS LIED TO ME TWICE NOW, THEY SAID THEY WILL CONTINUE TO PRODUCE DSLR'S LIE NUMBER 1!!! OLYMPUS SAID THEY WOULD CONTINUE DSLR'S UNTIL MIRRORLESS MATCHED DSLR'S AND CLEARLY ACCORDING TO DPR THEY DON'T!!!

Olympus didn't commit to it. Some people in this forum read into that like that while there was more than enough hints that there may not be (at least!) a DSLR.

I never thought I would admit this but you've been saying this all along Ricardo.

I really do need a little better high ISO but I also wanted to add a few of the more expensive SHG but that just seems foolish now. I guess like everyone else in my boat I have to decide whether to sell off everything and move to FF or to plunge into m4/3rds?

Apologies to all, I've been venting here quite a bit like a kid that had the rug yanked out from under him.

DPR states that to get the best focusing speed you'll need to stick with m4/3rds lenses, yeah I'm ticked off!!

-- hide signature --

"Don't Be Afraid To See What You See"
Darrell

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

-- hide signature --

"Don't Be Afraid To See What You See"
Darrell

Darrell500's gear list:Darrell500's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow