better manual or supplemental resources for X-10?

Started Sep 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,644Gear list
Like?
better manual or supplemental resources for X-10?
Sep 10, 2013

My X-10 is here!  Like others people have ordered from the E-bay seller in Salinas CA, my camera was new in the box to all appearances, with a serial number starting with 22.  The battery charged properly and after a couple of attempts we managed to load a memory card and the battery and go through the initial setup.  It took a while, but I figured out how to enable the screen with a "live view",  started to decode the little flashing light, and even took a few test images in full auto.  I am already charmed by this quirky little camera's looks, balance and quality feel-- if it can take a good JPEG, it will be everything I need in a funky, lively, relatively inexpensive bookbag camera.

However, the manual is absolutely the worst piece of technical writing (not the term I would like to use right now) I have encountered in a while.  I will study the in depth review on DPR, and any others I can find, of course, and I know I can search this forum for answers to specific questions, and I will, but I was wondering if anybody knows of other good general information resources about the X-10 and its operations. Ideally, I would like a better manual, but I doubt anyone has written one. So I'll take anything-- YouTube video, whatever.  If you have any recommendations, please share.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow