Tell me about it!
In reply to GlennAA11, Sep 10, 2013

GlennAA11 wrote:

NZ Scott wrote:

GlennAA11 wrote:

Does the Oly have an on-sale date yet?

Yes - late November.

Has it even been officially announced?

It will be officially announced later today (Tuesday, 6am, London time).

And is this 40-150mm f2.8 talk substantiated somewhere or just wishful thinking?

It is "substantiated" in terms of being confirmed by 43rumours.com. Make of that what you will, but they seem pretty sure of themselves about this one. Supposedly, it will ship (or at the very least be announced) by the end of March.

S

-- hide signature --

Thanks.

Bummer it's not going to be out until then. I am headed to Asia in about 6 weeks so now I am in a bit of a quandry. I was heading towards the Panny 35-100 2.8 and considering the 12-35 2.8 as a nice travel kit with my OM-D. But it's a lot of cash to lay out if the Olympus options will be out in the medium term....

Tell me about it!

In a couple of weeks I'm heading off to the Middle East and Africa for a three-month backpacking trip, including two months on safari. It won't be possible to get hold of an E-M1 or 12-40 by then.

I'll be shooting with an E-P3, a bunch of primes, and the 75-300 II.

Which part of Asia will you be visiting?

S

-- hide signature --
 NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Sony QX1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow