Photoninja (Picture Code) Best Customer Service you’ll ever receive!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dbannerz71
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Photoninja (Picture Code) Best Customer Service you’ll ever receive!
10 months ago

Just wanted to write this to talk about a recent experience I had with the Picture Code team (makers of Photoninja).  I had written to them recently due to an issue I had with Photoninja and a phenomena I had been experiencing called “Black Tiles”.  This would occur if you used their newest noise removal engine called Noise Ninja 4 along with sharpening (and specifically luminance noise removal checked/enabled).  After writing to them around 10 pm. (US Central Time) they, to my total surprise responded back within about 15mins with a full write of up options to try and experiment with to see what was the cause (i.e. to help them troubleshoot it).

So, the next night I followed everything they said and documented it as detailed and accurately as possible to help them and sent another email at about 10 or so at night again.  Then again in 15mins they responded back again and told me about what they thought was occurring (essentially some bad math that was happening and causing corruption with some calculations and this messing up the data for that tile thus rendering it black).  They then said they would compile a new version just for me!!  WOW… is about all I could think of…WOW…when have you ever heard of a company getting back to their customers that quick and ready to create some new code just for you to try??!  I’ve never heard of it…ever.

The next day I saw that they had indeed sent me an email with some links to some special build they created.  I tried it out the next night and documented all of the various whys I went about testing it out (used the same raw file from my Canon 5D Mark III).  It didn’t work, still had a black tile show up and wrote back explaining it all.  This was written again late, about 10:30 at night or so…but again they responded very quickly telling me they tried something that was not as robust to see if it would work (they couldn’t duplicate on there end at the time) and they would again compile yet another more robust version for me!  I told them that they shouldn’t go through so much trouble for just me and perhaps there was someone else out there but it wasn’t very wide spread apparently.  Anyway…2nd times was a charm and there it was, the email again with another version to try.  This 2nd build did in fact SOLVE the problem…no more black tiles.  They have now released this version on their site for all to download.

I just want to let people know on this forum about how dedicated this team of fine individuals are and just how much they CARE about their customers and their software’s performance.  This is really quite rare and quite a testament to them and my hat’s way, way off to them for an fine job well done.

Eric

dbannerz71's gear list:dbannerz71's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Apple iPad WiFi
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow