The F2.8 choice, 12-40mm vs 12-35mm

Started Sep 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
jim stirling
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,392Gear list
Like?
Re: 12-40 ginormous
In reply to dennis tennis, Sep 9, 2013

dennis tennis wrote:

with this crowd, every mm every gram is a huge deal. Size is everything. Image is nothing.

12-40 is too big too heavy for normal Navy SEAL operators to use in combat. You need one of those robots thingy from the movie Pacific Rim

Don't you know smallness is everything to mFT fanboys?

It may not be everything but for many myself included it is probably the single most important advantage of mFT over other formats. Frankly if you choose to exclude the size and weight of equipment from your system valuation with image quality being your top criteria there are an awful lot of better options available many of which are in fact less expensive.

I own the D800 with a number of excellent lenses and the image quality in every situation is simply better than mFT. However I use my mFT gear far more simply because of the size and weight , if I am going to something where photography is my specific goal then the D800 comes along. For everything else social events/holidays/family etc mFT is my choice. Size and weight are critical points forĀ  mFT users the exchange is a bit poorer image quality for a massive size reduction.

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow