Can i get spare rx100 battery holders anywhere?

Started Sep 6, 2013 | Questions thread
newellj
Contributing MemberPosts: 876Gear list
Like?
Re: Use Lens Filter Cases
In reply to Stephen McDonald, Sep 9, 2013

Stephen McDonald wrote:

The type that's made of flexible plastic and snaps shut. Pick a size that matches the battery. Many people have a lot of them in the cluttered back of accessory drawers. There's other types of little, cheap gadgets that come in such cases. Some kinds of candy boxes may be just right. The next time I pass by a large selection of candy, chewing gum, etc., I will check them out for a possible brand recommendation.

But, it would be a rare occurrence for both recessed contacts to touch a piece of metal at the same time and cause a short. About as likely as being struck by lightning. Here's a challenge: take two of these batteries and see if there's any way they can be maneuvered into a position that all four contacts touch another one.

Rare but not at all impossible, and the results of shorting a Li battery are extremely unattractive.

newellj's gear list:newellj's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow