Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
T3
T3
Forum ProPosts: 17,656
Like?
Re: In practice .
In reply to cwathington, 10 months ago

cwathington wrote:

He said with "fast lens." That's what I mean. Let me restate itthis way: In general, with fast lens on the m43 system, it is not difficult to achieve subject isolation via DOF. The bokeh may be less blurred and dreamy, but it's still there in most situations. It is not "difficult" per the OP's suggestion in his blog.

I think people seem to be insecure and defensive over the word "difficult".  Ok, so don't use the word "difficult" if you don't want to.  But shallower DOF and subject isolation is still easier to come by, or achieve, when using a FF camera.

As with all things, there are pros and cons.  With FF, it's easier to achieve subject isolation with a big sensor, but with a big sensor comes big bodies and big lenses.  With m4/3, it's harder to achieve subject isolation, but the advantage is that you have a more compact camera system.  Just face the facts, understand the pros and cons, and get on with your life.  Don't make it "difficult", lol.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow