Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Vlad S
Senior MemberPosts: 3,096Gear list
Like?
pursuit of sameness
In reply to T3, 11 months ago

T3 wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

You pretty much lost me when you quoted the classic FF addict's lament ... with a 4/3" sensor it is hard to separate the subject from the background.

A nonsense statement without all sorts of qualifications ...

Well, how about this as a qualification: for the same lens aperture, same framing, and same subject/focus distance, m4/3 makes it harder to separate the subject from the background because it has greater DOF compared to FF. I don't know why some people simply can't accept that.

I think quite a few people can't accept that because of the insistence that things have to be the same. Things are never the same, and this requirement is unnecessary and pointless in most cases. I think so far I have encountered only one person who wanted to shoot seamlessly with µ4/3 and a larger format at the same time. I never saw any other people giving a good reason for why things have to be the same.

It is not that hard to isolate the subject with the µ4/3 system, probably with the exception of the wide angle. It may be harder to obliterate the background, but this is beyond of simply "isolating" the subject.

Vlad

Vlad S's gear list:Vlad S's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow