Started Sep 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Larry  Witt
Regular MemberPosts: 379Gear list
Like?
Tripod mount breaking out on NEX7-New fix for 18-200
Sep 9, 2013

A member posted some pictures last night of how some German members are taking the lens weight off their NEX7s. They were elaborate wood fixtures, and looked like some great engineering and thought went into those fixtures. Anyway, It gave me some ideas of how to get my 18-200 back on my camera. It's the one that was on it when the mount broke. I made a mount today, that takes all the load off the NEX mount. The lens is secured to a block and cushion and will be tide down with a black tie strap, witch I didn't show, It should still look good. There are no adapters, no ring mounts, no "E" mount to "E" foot. I was about to sell the E mount 18-200 and buy a "A" mount since I have that adaptor witch

Cut out with band and saber saws

Threading for quick release foot

Checking for fit

All painted satin black

Mounted and ready to go

Contact is clear of zoom and focus rings. The slot I cut is if I need it for another lens.(never know)

has a foot.  I am back in business now after a few hours of fun in my shop:  Larry

Larry Witt's gear list:Larry Witt's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 +16 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow