Panasonic G6 mini review from full frame user

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
T3
T3
Forum ProPosts: 17,477
Like?
Accept the facts. Everything has its pros and cons.
In reply to Kim Letkeman, 7 months ago

Kim Letkeman wrote:

You pretty much lost me when you quoted the classic FF addict's lament ... with a 4/3" sensor it is hard to separate the subject from the background.

A nonsense statement without all sorts of qualifications ...

Well, how about this as a qualification: for the same lens aperture, same framing, and same subject/focus distance, m4/3 makes it harder to separate the subject from the background because it has greater DOF compared to FF.  I don't know why some people simply can't accept that.  I use FF and APS-C, but I also use m4/3.  The difference in DOF, background blur, subject isolation is quite obvious, especially when doing side by side comparisons when framing the same shot and using the same aperture.  Heck, the difference is obvious even when comparing FF vs APS-C!  But you face the facts, make your choices, and get on with your life.  I love m4/3 because of its very compact size, so when it comes to minimal size, m4/3 is better.  But when I want maximum background blur and subject isolation, FF is better,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow