So what happens after EM-1 is announced?

Started Sep 8, 2013 | Questions thread
RSColo
Contributing MemberPosts: 628Gear list
Like?
Re: So what happens after EM-1 is announced?
In reply to RealPancho, Sep 9, 2013

RealPancho wrote:

It's all too funny because it's all too true. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Frank

I actually don't mind these things. This forum really does help people find where a new camera is available, often for a very brief period of time. I don't mind someone from the EU explaining again about the limits to the length of videos due to silly taxes. The vast majority of the threads on this and all the other forums here are only important to a small subset of us. But that is OK with me. I don't like all the sniping, but I can just ignore those posts too. My two pet peeves are totally non-descript titles and the hijacking of an otherwise worthwhile thread. For example a title like these:

"What Do You Think?" (about what)

"Is This Too Much?"

And the hijacking I see the most is a reasonable topic about a camera turning into "Pan-lympus is better than Oly-sonic" or "the sensors are the same/different".

But I think things are getting better. There used to be a lot of obnoxious comments about other poster's English. I think everyone has realized that we are lucky to have this forum in a language we can understand and it is made better by the all the comments made by some folks that are working harder to participate.

One last comment. The main reason I have a m4/3 system is because it is has the most diverse list of suppliers. While I don't like the hijacking of other threads, I do think the m4/3 format is made a lot better because Panasonic and Olympus are competing to make a better camera. They are not just Canon completing against Nikon. Each of these players have their main customer base locked into their format. I have Panasonic camera, two Olympus lenses, two Olympus lenses, and two Leica legacy lenses. I love m4/3.

-- hide signature --

Reid Shay
www.sawatchpub.com

RSColo's gear list:RSColo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow