RX100/2 lens ring frustrations -- is this the explanation?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
newellj
Contributing MemberPosts: 876Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100/2 lens ring frustrations -- is this the explanation?
In reply to Sean Nelson, 11 months ago

Sean Nelson wrote:

Dale Cotton wrote:

BTW: This reviewerthinks the lens ring is actually one of the RX100/2's positive attributes.

"Let's do the twist

In use there are some elements of the RX100 II's design that really stand out, in particular the rotational dial to the base of the lens barrel. Its silky smooth motion rotates infinitely and the considered positioning makes it natural to use. It protrudes just enough ahead of the camera's body to get a good grip, which is more than can be said for something like the smaller-scale Panasonic Lumix LF1." -- Mike Lowe, Pocket-lint

The ring is very smooth to turn, although it has a higher resistance than I'd like and of course the actual camera response to the nice smooth turning is a little lacking as we've been discussing. But this reviewer obviously didn't try to mount the camera on a tripod with a rubberized platform because the ring is so flush with the bottom of the camera that it gets jammed by the tripod platform. I have to use a metal washer between the camera and tripod if I want to use the ring.

Yes to that (tripod observation).

newellj's gear list:newellj's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow