Panasonic Warranty Repair on LX-7 Very Poor?

Started Sep 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GPeaslee
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Panasonic Warranty Repair on LX-7 Very Poor?
Sep 8, 2013

I purchased a new Panasonic LX-7 last December to replace my LX-3. From the beginning, I have experienced many poorly exposed flash pictures which is something I never encountered with the LX-3. The white balance is off as the pictures have a pronounced yellow cast using Auto White Balance. Also many pictures are over exposed. I posted here previously to ask for suggestions all of which I tried. The bottom line is that I cannot find a solution to the problem. So I called Panasonic and what an adventure it has been so far.

First I was instructed to send the camera to McAllen, TX. I included prints in the box which showed the problem (same shot taken with and without flash, and similar shots taken with the LX-3 vs. the LX-7). Three weeks later I received the camera, but there was no paperwork in the box to indicate what was done to my camera. I took some flash pictures, and some seemed better but some were still poor. After 1.5 hours on the phone with Panasonic (their customer service call center is located in Jamaica), I got a supervisor on the phone who said that my camera was tested and compared to another LX-7 and that nothing was found to be wrong. Did they bother to look at the pictures I included? I told him that I completely disagreed and that I wanted something else to be done. He said that I would have to send the camera back to McAllen, TX which I am not sure will accomplish anything different. He insisted, so I told him that Panasonic should pay for the shipping charges this time. He agreed and said he would send a prepaid label. It has been 3 days now, and I have not received the label.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do next to get this resolved with Panasonic? I searched the forum and the only comments I found were unfavorable about Panasonic's warranty service. I told the supervisor that I couldn't understand why I was getting such poor service on a top of the line camera like the LX-7. The camera may be good, but the service is really poor.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow