ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 795Gear list
Like?
Thank God, I am still alive !
11 months ago

Hey there folks,

As you know, I was waiting for my new (first ; if you not count TCON-17x) lens. And I already bought that E-PM1, that was my little secret with you all in here.

Well this morning I tell it to my wife and she was schoked , furious, confused and angry at the same time !!!!

Schoked: "what did you say??"

Furious: "ARE YOU SERIOUS !!!"

Confused: "Don´t you already have a great and new camera!!??"

Angry: " Ben ARE YOU CRAZYY!!"

:))) It was my adrenaline shot for sunday morning...

Apart from that... Now I got Sigma 30mm attached on it. And its my first interchangable lens camera. Its interesting to have a prime lens. Its just ... diferent ! I cant get in to things as I did with my XZ-1 by its supermacro ... It does not focus anytwhere closer than 20 centimeter. !!! (Which XZ-1 has never have such isues !)

But in the other hand, I got some DOF with that new lens at F 4.0 that I could not get with XZ-1 at F 2.8 !! BAckround is totally blur, can not almost see whats behind the focused area , and you see some kind of highlighst with XZ-1 anyway...

And what makes me so childishly excited is "shutter voice" It sound like a huge door slamm..

Yeah, so things are going some different direction. I first though "I wont Use my XZ-1 else than underwater photography anymore!" but seems It will be on the dry land anyway, coz any macro lenses or wider lenses (not even mentioning how fast they can be!) are beyond my budget. at least for coming 6 months.

Here you can find some info about it, if you interest

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benokan/

Cheers to All.

Wish you had a nice weekend, and will have a nice week.

Ben

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Nokia Lumia 1520 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow