X20 & a Laptop

Started Sep 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aberaeron
Senior MemberPosts: 1,928Gear list
Like?
Re: X20 & a Laptop
In reply to bill2reg, Sep 8, 2013

bill2reg wrote:

The original poster wanted to use his laptop as a live view screen, not just looking at photos that were taken earlier. Obviously there are plenty of ways to do the latter. Eye-fi cards work, but they are slower than just using USB or removing the card from the camera and inserting into a card reader on the laptop. But he wants to use his laptop screen while composing and shooting, and immediately showing the photo on the larger screen.

I had this on my Samsung NX1000. Hardly used the feature. Have it on the new Panasonic G6 as well. This one has more useful features than that of the NX1000 but will probably rarely be used for direct shooting control. If such a feature is important to the OP then he will have to buy a camera with wi-fi and an app. Not sure if the apps are available on laptops. The ones I'm familiar with only work with tablets and smartphones.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Nikon Coolpix P500 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix S32 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow