Contributing MemberPosts: 741Gear list
Like?
Re: Dilemma: A99 vs new Olympus E-M1
In reply to Kwick1, Sep 8, 2013

have an a99 with the 50/1.4(omg reflections) and z24-70/2.8

an rx1

an olympus em5 with a bunch of lenses

hmm

if i were mainly travelling, and needed various focal lengths.. id take the olympus

wow, that size is such a difference

i generally just use the lens pouch from my big 4/3s 70-300 as a camera bag(wrist thru the tug straps) with a spare lens(in a neoprene pouch) with a lens pen and spare battery and ipad card reader... and the em5 on a wrist strap ... done! it makes for such a nice light travel kit

so if you do 90%+ of yer photos while traveling, and size and weight are therefore a big factor, go with the olympus (as well as varying FL's)

no fl issues? go rx1(so in love with that lens...)

no weight or size issues/intense quality issues? go a99

edit

oh, also

i agree with a previous poster

i HIIIIGHLY doubt youll get that em1 in time for yer trip

omg, it took ages for people to get the em5s

i DID get mine the day i decided i wanted one, out of sheer luck my local shop had one in stock!(while people were still on day 1 preorder lists for ages).. so you can always panic and call all around to any shop remotely in driving distance to u... just a thought!

if u decide the oly route.

buy someones used em5 they are selling to fund THEIR em1... then just sell it again when youve gotten yer hands on ur own...

MrGubrz's gear list:MrGubrz's gear list
Sony RX1 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7S Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow