Started Sep 7, 2013 | Questions thread
The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,027Gear list
Like?
Re: What is advantage and disadvantage between X-trans vs Bayer array
In reply to DVT80111, Sep 8, 2013

DVT80111 wrote:

junyo wrote:

X-Trans CFA, being new, is not as well supported by RAW image processing apps, especially the mainstream ones (Lightroom, Capture One, Aperture).

Not quite true. I got latest Adobe Camera Raw plugin and it works fine. TheSILKYPIX software comes with the camera work well too. But the JPG out of camera is pretty good by itself. I have not seen much advantage with RAW files really.

The combination of the X-trans and software manipulation gives a little more detail in shadow. So in post, I don't need to boost up exposure too much. The X-trans is at least 1f stop better than the best Bayer out there. The difference is probably just due to the AA filter.

In bright light, the Fujifilm tends to blow out the highlight. All you need to do is to crank the compensator to minus 1-1.5 f-stop.

I did lot of research and picked the X-E1 over the NEX6. So far so good.

Odd, I find the opposite.  Withthe option of selecting DR400%, it is darn near impossible to blow highlights.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow