Started Sep 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gesture
Senior MemberPosts: 2,390Gear list
Like?
Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Epson Printers
Sep 8, 2013

This is old news for many, but getting back to printing after a many years hiatus, I missed all the Snow Leopard issues. Many of us are Mac users and stay with Snow Leopard for several reasons: either our computers can't run the latest or greatest systems or we need and want the Rosetta function in Snow Leopard (allows us to run older Universal apps-i.e. those that aren't Intel-only. A great example is Photoshop CS.)

But bringing back some Epson printers to function in Snow Leopard (1400; 2200; even an R220) was a mess. The drivers were limited and in some cases no utility to check ink levels or do nozzle checks. The solution is here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1398

Updated all drivers in Snow Leopard to 9.0. Full drivers function and Epson Printer Utility 4 were restored. BTW: an 2200 that had sat 6-7 years is running fine with just a few head cleanings. I used WIC and got a value of 18 percent-so I will fine for a long time and plan to add an external waste ink tank.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow