Sony VCLECU1: Can you guys share some images with it on your SEL16F28?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,530Gear list
Like?
Sony VCLECU1: Can you guys share some images with it on your SEL16F28?
11 months ago

I've noted in some reviews that the Sony VCLECU1 don't degrade (and some say it enhances) the quality of images from the SEL16F28.

I'm finding it hard to locate sample images with this adapter. I hate its size, but at 4 ounces, it + the 16mm is still WAY below my 11-16mm Tokina that I am accustomed to using to shoot cathedral interiors. I'm intrigued by comments praising this adapter lens. I have the superwide covered with the 8mm, and the wide covered with both the 16mm (which is less great on the edges at f2.8 than I hoped.

This adapter just might justify its weight and space. It's yet another $100 on top of an already expensive trip, but except for Rome, Jerusalem and Paris, I rarely go back to major cities twice.

I'd appreciate seeing some examples of what this adapter can do in the f2.8-f5.6 range, with detail out to the edges. Anybody have some? Thanks in advance for your help. If I'm to get this in time, I need to order it over the weekend.

Mel

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow