Photographer faces law suit

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Peter A. Stavrakoglou
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,253Gear list
Like?
Re: Christ commanded to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.
In reply to Clyde Thomas, 7 months ago

Clyde Thomas wrote:

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:

You have made the stretch of using a scripture that addressed a question of taxes and applying it to this situation.

The scripture doesn't say anything at all about taxes. Christ was obviously using it as a lesson for all that which belonged to Caesar... including the law.

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:

There is no connection even though you've tried. We are to obey man's law but when the law contradicts God's law, we do as Acts 5:29 says "We must obey God as ruler rather than men."

Where does Christ command that Christians should not associate or work with sinners? How does Acts 5:29 suggest in any way that obeying "God as ruler" means don't work with sinners? In fact... I thought God himself worked with sinners all the time for his greater glory... Starting with Adam.

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:

He associated with them but never approved of their sinful actions. That's a big distinction.

Where does any law in the world force anyone to "approve" of homosexuality? No one is asking anyone to approve of anything.

No doubt many of my clients surf pornography. I've seen it blatantly on their computers when working on their systems using photoshop. I don't approve of their lust for pornography. But what does that have to do with my working for them? Surely there would be things they don't approve of about me as well. Should they be allowed to not hire me because of that?

What law in the USA forces someone to violate their own religious principles?  Is this what it has come to, forcing Christians to violate their beliefs?  You can choose to work for whomever you wish but asking a photographer to take part in a celebration of something that against his/her principles is wrong.

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:

And he certainly did lay judgment on some, read Matthew 23:25-28 and you'll see.

Seriously Peter... Your examples are so hypocritical. Please read your own passages to see that Christ was passing judgement on the SELF RIGHTEOUS RELIGIOUS LEADERS... Not the Jewish nor Gentile nor Pagan sinners. No, instead Christ approached the worst of them and offered his love and mercy... Even those so bad to be demon possessed, freeing them from their spiritual captivity.

What is so hypocritical of my statement?  I merely disproved the assertion that Jesus never judged anyone, that's all - period.  Who was being judged has nothing to do with what I said.  Christ certainly offered love and mercy but He did so without approving of their sin.  If He were to be taking part in a celebration of it, that would imply approval.

Clyde wrote:

God would rather you obey the law than have you pass judgement upon one of his beloved children.

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:

There is no scriptural reference for your last statement.

Romans 13:1-7

“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”

___________

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:

Blacks suffered the consequences of disobeying the segregation laws in the south. Segregation was the law, like it or not. Do you disapprove of them disobeying the law?Would you have told them to be good Christians and just go along with it?

___________

Yes, I disagree with all law breakers. A "good Christian" can be a Christian regardless of the laws of any land. That should be obvious from the example Christ and the Apostles set. I cannot commend anyone for taking the law into their own hands. That's anarchy.

As I said before, we are lucky to live in the U.S. where laws can be changed peacefully. There are procedures in place to allow for that. Homosexuals certainly didn't change the law by acting violently, or by refusing to work with heterosexuals.

-- hide signature --

Here to help. Here to learn.

-- hide signature --

My humble photo gallery: http://www.pete-the-greek.com

 Peter A. Stavrakoglou's gear list:Peter A. Stavrakoglou's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sigma SD15 Canon EOS 7D Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow