Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,715Gear list
Like?
Help with drastic gear reduction.
11 months ago

I'm to the point where I'm no longer into accumulating "more" gear, specialized or otherwise.  In fact I'd like to reduce down to ONE camera suitable for nearly all my needs.  Here's what I'd like it to be able to cover:  vacations, tours, cityscapes & city life, zoos, flowers, family, daylight sports, lower light night scenes, semi-macro subjects. and landscapes.  So the camera would need to have a decent wide angle, yet be able to reach (maybe) close to 2-300mm (in 35mm terms).  And would need to be capable of sharp prints of no larger than 11 X 14s.  I guess if I had to prioritize the main ingredients that I'd include in good IQ, SHARPNESS would be #1.  So it needs to have a GOOD lens.

What jumps out at you?  There's probably nothing that would cover 100% of my wants, but what comes closest, in your opinion.  I'm not overly fond of any of the superzooms, at least the larger sized ones.  And I don't want any ILCs.  Just a single camera body.

I'm anxious to see what you recommend.  I will research your suggestions.  Just give a few specifics to get started.  Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow