Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Robgo2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,482
Like?
Re: That RAW Troublemaker Again With Files
In reply to Gary Eickmeier, 10 months ago

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Robgo2 wrote:

Noise Ninja 4 is part of Photo Ninja 1.1, which is an extraordinary raw convertor and definitely worth trying if you are obsessed with IQ.

Here is my version from PN using NN4. I was surprised by how much noise was present in this image shot at ISO 400. When viewing at 100% or original, please excuse the jpeg artifacts.

If you think about it, the image was shot at ISO 400, but that doesn't account for all the noise in an underexposed image. If in the process of brightening it you have in effect raised the gain a few more stops, then it may be the equivalent of ISO 1600 or more. This shot, unfortunately, had the bright sky which forced the overall exposure down on the main subject, so the camera is innocent and the photographer - well, the fill flash was too far away to help, but hey - I shot RAW + JPG, so I may be excused!

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

You are right about that, but even for ISO 1600, I think there is a great deal of noise in this image. I'm not familiar with the sensor in the a77. In any event, it cleaned up quite nicely with Noise Ninja 4. At normal viewing size on my monitor, it looks perfect.

Rob

No NR (100%)

Post Noise Ninja 4 (100%)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow