ATTENTION PANASONIC: Marketing Is the Problem!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,922Gear list
Like?
ATTENTION PANASONIC: Marketing Is the Problem!
10 months ago

I read this over and over, and I am among the chorus of devoted Panasonic product owners who are trying to communicate with the corporate mindset. The products are excellent. If Panasonic wishes to turn around its profit/loss profile, they need to look no farther than the marketing department and advertising agency hired to promote the product lines. These two divisions are simply inept.

In order to make a purchasing decision, a potential buyer must first be able to include the product in the mix of options. And in order to do that, he or she must be able to see, handle, and "try on" the product to see if it meets the right fit. Something as simple as holding a camera tethered to a display case can make a sale over not having a camera to hold.

Relying predominantly on internet outlets for sales over major bricks & mortar stores, big box outlets, and the remaining small dealers excludes potential buyers who are reluctant to buy sight unseen and have the hassle of making returns. Sony knows this, Nikon knows this, and Canon knows this. Panasonic should as well.

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow