Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 17,514Gear list
Like?
Re: Dilemma: A99 vs new Olympus E-M1
In reply to Kwick1, 11 months ago

Kwick1 wrote:

steelhead3 wrote:

Look to a rx1002...you can't go wrong. Sensor a little smaller than 110 format but it is truly a travel camera.

Tried the rx100. Hated it. Too small and fiddly for big hands. Despite the reviews, wasn't impressed with the image quality.

I own an RX100 along with an A55 and A65. I've been a photographer since the 60's. The IQ of the RX100 at iso 800 and below is outstanding. You must be pixel peeping. I'f it's not good enough for you stick with the A99 because I suspect anything less than FF may not have IQ that will make you happy.

That said at the end of the day the best camera is the one you have with you. While the IQ of the RX100 may be a step behind my other cameras at higher iso, it is small enough to carry with me everywhere. Because of that I take at least 80% of my photos with it. As far as the size, I too had trouble with that at first but I quickly adapted and now find it easy to use.

-- hide signature --
 tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow