Fuji X-A1

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
JohnNewman
Regular MemberPosts: 267Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-A1
In reply to DonSantos, 7 months ago

A lot of space has been taken up on this thread and elsewhere arguing about the X-Trans sensor. It's pretty obvious that a number of users do have some concerns and wish that Fuji would use a 'normal' Bayer sensor.  Maybe Fuji (not being complete idiots) have recognised this disquiet and are testing the market to see what the response is.

I do know from talking to people (in the market that the X-A1 is aimed at) that many potential upgraders from P & S are concerned about "that funny sensor" and are going for Sony, Panny, Olys etc.  I like the output from my X-E1 and have no objection either way. If Fuji bought in a 24mp Bayer sensor from Sony and put it in an X-PR0 2 or X-E2 I'd be delighted and would beat a path to my dealers.

Even better, I'd love to see Fuji bring out a DSLR with full PDAF which accepted the gorgeous X mount lenses. Iffy focusing for certain (not all) subjects is my biggest gripe - to the extent that I'm having to consider getting a smaller Nikon to back up the Fuji. To have a choice of Fuji bodies to use with with my lenses would be heaven.

But, back on subject, for Fuji to suddenly bring out a new model without X-Trans indicates to me that they have some concerns about the acceptability of X-Trans amongst the wider photographic community and, if that is the case, they will go with what brings the most returns to shareholders, not what we want.

John

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow