Dilemma: A99 vs new Olympus E-M1

Started Sep 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 13,285Gear list
Like?
I had the A77 and various m4/3 cameras.
In reply to Kwick1, Sep 7, 2013

After getting a GH3 and OM-D (current one), I sold my Sony cameras and lenses. They were great, but I, like you, am tired of hauling the weight around. I can carry two m4/3 bodies and some nice lenses (mostly primes) much easier; and carrying just one camera is great. Although you mentioned the upcoming Olympus, I would wholeheartedly recommend either of the two above - you can add the grip to the OM-D to make it more comfortable. Besides portability, a big reason I expanded my m4/3 system was a growing interest in video. I had two GH2s (used for video while the Sonys - also had an A65 - were used for stills); my new GH3 will replace one of the GH2s. Keep in mind, that if you anticipate ever having an interest in video, you should look at the GH3 instead of the new Oly; it has a nice grip available as well.

Note: For when stills are a priority, I also add a new DP2 M, which is also very portable, to the bag.

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow