Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
cosmonaut
Senior MemberPosts: 1,746Gear list
Like?
Re: Not so easy
In reply to EarthQuake, 7 months ago

EarthQuake wrote:

jackgreen wrote:

I dont argue about portability of Olympus. But it's just pretty much useless in bad light.

So, I would ask, If You leave take Olympus with you, due to small size and portability, spend energy on shooting and there is no outcome...

-- hide signature --

My hobby www.jackdevant.com

That is complete hyperbole.

The A99 has a 1 stop gain in ISO performance over the OMD. 1 stop. The OMD is on par with all of the current APS-C Sony SLTs. Are those useless in bad light as well?

Have you ever actually used the OMD (or any of the current gen pens with the new Sony sensright

I disagree. I have shot landscapes at 1600 and 3200 ISO with my a99 and my OMD E-M5 can't touch that high in an actual print. Large prints with my E-M5, 32x24 are really not good even at 1600 ISO. The usable limit for a nice quality print with OMD seems to be 800iso. Its more like 2 to 2 1/2 stops.

The new Sony sensor in the OMD is actually old Sony technology and any compact out there is better. Its probably on par with the NEX5. Plus the E-M1 is not going to have a new sensor in it. It's behind the eight ball before its even released.

-- hide signature --

www.gregmccary.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow