Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,473Gear list
Like?
Re: ISO 640 example at DR400
In reply to prime, Sep 6, 2013

prime wrote:

Trevor G wrote:

With DR200, ISO must be at 100 for hardware EXR (2 simultaneous frames recorded per image) to work.

Please note that the hardware versions of EXR does not occur, even when DR 200 or DR400 is selected, if there is not sufficient high contrast image content above 0EV to trigger it. That is, both frames recorded will be at the same shutter speed or duration.

I'll post examples of that at some stage.

And yes, you are definitely in software EXR at ISO640.

I think that your further investigation will confirm that DR200 will work in hardware (at least in P or A modes) at ISO200 and ISO400, as well;

I've already checked - like theDR400 setting, as soon as ISO = DR there are still 2 frames when DR200 meets ISO200, but they are identically exposed.  I'll post the shots later in the EXR thread at least.

I am pretty sure that DR200 works in hardware at ISO Auto400 and I know that the hardware DR400 works when ISO is set to Auto400 (where the camera adjusts the ISO automatically, and is not locked into ISO400), because I have exposed thousands of shots where it did so.

I agree.

DR200 hardware EXR can readily work with Auto ISO400 set, as long as the ISO chosen is less than 200.

I have been checking my F770 samples to make sure that this is carried across the board.  It is.

DR400 hardware EXR will also work with Auto ISO400 as long as the ISO is less than 400.  When ISO = DR you always get 2 frames, but they are exposed identically, which means that the hardware solution (sensor pixel pairing) is not being employed.

I have also checked this on my F770 and can verify that it is exactly the same.

We probably cannot help you tell whether the RAWless F70 is any different, but let's just say that the F series cameras with RAW follow the X Series cameras with RAW (although they actually preceded them in development and sales).

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow