Coolpix P7800 loses a dial...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
MMS Photo
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Re: Coolpix P7800 loses a dial...
In reply to TxCamFan, 11 months ago

TxCamFan wrote:

Yes, a bummer about the dial but it had to go to make room for the EVF, but I noticed that they added a Q button to give you quick access to change WB, ISO and one other thing. Can't remember where I saw the specifics but you can see the Q button on the Nikon USA product page. I think that button option is a good alternative especially in exchange for the EVF.

Well, Mr. eagle-eye here totally missed the Q button. Nice catch! Depending on how Nikon configures the Q, I guess I wouldn't miss the dial all that much. What I will miss, if it's gone, is the customizable My Settings selection.

I have been using the P7700 a lot for close-up shots, especially of shells we collect at the beach; the lens/sensor combination is excellent! For me, it's a good thing that they kept the same sensor and lens in the P7800.

-- hide signature --

Michael
Michael M. Shaw | Photography http://mmshaw.zenfolio.com/

MMS Photo's gear list:MMS Photo's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow