Panasonic v olympus jpegs

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Silvernitrate
Regular MemberPosts: 212
Like?
Re: Panasonic v olympus jpegs
In reply to HDcamfan, 11 months ago

HDcamfan wrote:

I shoot only jpegs on an epm2 right now and really like the oly jpegs. However I want a camera now with more physical controls.

Obviously the GX7 ticks a lot of boxes for me (great focus, comfortable to hold etc) and on and on. The EP5 was originally a thought but it is horrible (in my opinion) to hold and the sensitive flash button was annoying. Anyway I digress.

At the end of the day the final picture is what counts and I know we have only seen preproduction samples of the GX7 but I have so far not been that impressed. I have tried to look at some GH3 jpegs and again I do prefer the oly output generally.

Also at present I don't want to shoot raw (before someone advises it) but what are people's thoughts on this. Can a bit of setting tweaking get you closer to oly jpegs? I would get the GX7 without waiting apart from this. Any thoughts? Thanks

Also at present I don't want to shoot raw (before someone advises it) but what are people's thoughts on this.

If you want the best possible Jpegs, shoot Raw.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow