Panasonic v olympus jpegs

Started Sep 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Silvernitrate Regular Member • Posts: 212
Re: Panasonic v olympus jpegs

HDcamfan wrote:

I shoot only jpegs on an epm2 right now and really like the oly jpegs. However I want a camera now with more physical controls.

Obviously the GX7 ticks a lot of boxes for me (great focus, comfortable to hold etc) and on and on. The EP5 was originally a thought but it is horrible (in my opinion) to hold and the sensitive flash button was annoying. Anyway I digress.

At the end of the day the final picture is what counts and I know we have only seen preproduction samples of the GX7 but I have so far not been that impressed. I have tried to look at some GH3 jpegs and again I do prefer the oly output generally.

Also at present I don't want to shoot raw (before someone advises it) but what are people's thoughts on this. Can a bit of setting tweaking get you closer to oly jpegs? I would get the GX7 without waiting apart from this. Any thoughts? Thanks

Also at present I don't want to shoot raw (before someone advises it) but what are people's thoughts on this.

If you want the best possible Jpegs, shoot Raw.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow