Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Don Boethel
Regular MemberPosts: 144Gear list
Like?
Alternatives to Adobe Photoshop
10 months ago

First of all, I do not make my living from photography but have enjoyed it for years as a hobby. My first copy of photoshop was on 12 floppy disks. I then moved to photoshop 3,5,7, and then to CS, CS2, CS4, C5 and then to CS6. Adobe cannot say that I have not been supportive of their product. However, judging from their most recent changes I will not be sticking my head in a cloud so I need to plan for the future.

I have been looking at DXO Pro 8 and Capture One. My question to those of you who use either of these programs is how close they come to matching the functions of CS6 and how steep is the learning curve. I shoot RAW only and I do enjoy post processing. If I leave photoshop I won't be going to any of their other products. I hate to start over from scratch at my age but being retired I have plenty of time.

Thanks in advance for any and all of your answers.

-- hide signature --

DobB10

Don Boethel's gear list:Don Boethel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow