ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrew Chiciak
Senior MemberPosts: 2,490
Like?
Windows 8...new pc...and PS2
Sep 6, 2013

Hi,

I built a semicustom pc using a Dell xps 8500 with the intel i7 processor...12 g ram

and added a samsung 256gb ssd for the boot drive...everything went smoothly with the

install. I calibrated my monitor successfully today and it looks accurate. I installed my old

version of PS2...(yes I am still using it because it serves my purpose). I am having some problems

and quirks that I didn't have with my old setup...yes the pc is def. faster...but as I am editing files and performing an action...the file disappears momentarily as the action is processed...this never happened with the old pc. Also the files are opening at too small a screen size (16.7%)

Is there a way I can change this?

I am running windows 8 , which is a very quirky feeling OS....the windows with the photoshop screen are very erratic. I usually open multiple files for editing speed. When I keep the files within their windows as I edit, they tend to blink on and off as I am editing. If I maximize the file so only the current file is on the desktop...the blinking stops..but then my palettes act strangely...sometimes the tool palette covers an action palette and I can't move them to proceed with the action. I actually have to close PS and start over to continue.

Andy C
www.echelonphotographers.com

-- hide signature --

Andy C
www.echelonphotographers.com

Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow