Regular MemberPosts: 386
Like?
Re: Images!
In reply to gotompoes, Sep 6, 2013

gotompoes wrote:

Alexis D wrote:

LeeS wrote:

Thanks. That helps.

I agree with your conclusions. Viewed at 100% the Sony images look definitely sharper.

I will leave it to others to argue whether this is typical performance or yours was a bad copy. Some of the leaves below the window in Oly 1 have a doubled margin suggesting that perhaps shutter shock was a factor. Had not heard of such an issue with the E-P5.

Lee

Based on the OP's photos, the Sony RX100 ones are clearly sharper! This is revealing. I don't think the E-P5's sensor is worse than the Sony's, being twice as big. So, it would seem the culprit is the 17mm f/1.8. It can't even compete with a small and slow zoom of a tiny camera!

Indeed surprising.
Returned the lens and the supplier tested the lens and came to the conclusion that this copy performed within specifications. It was not a faulty lens.

If the conclusion is that this copy of the 17mm f/1.8 performed within specifications, then what else could it mean except the quality of the lens is very ordinary? That is exactly what test results by Lenstip, DXOmark, SLR Gear, Diglloyd, etc have shown us. This lens is for a prime very ordinary.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow