Ricoh news - no news!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,108Gear list
Like?
Re: Disregard Asahiman?!
In reply to garyknrd, 10 months ago

Hi,

Asahi man did tip a high end APSC DSLR early this year  It wasn't announced in April for reasons he didn't know or couldn't say.  He later informed us about the Sept 5 Ricoh conference, but didn't say it was to announce a DSLR or any other specific products.   He's also told us that the teleconverter was in production, and some of us probably added that to the Sept 5th list.   We've assumed that the conference was the one to announce these things.  The post in which Asahi Man informed us that the conference would deal only with the Theta 360 sounds as if this was genuinely counter to his expectations.

The notion of FF appearing at the Sept 5th conference never came from Asahi Man.  He's said perfectly clearly that there would be no FF in 2013.  This was wishful thinking - I don't think anyone who's been seriously watching Pentax statements about their evolving consideration of FF would have expected a product this year.

I suspect that Asahi Man had reasonable tips about the products, but that the Sept 5th conference was the wrong timing for their release.  I'm betting that they will emerge closer to whatever Photokina is called these days.   Let's give him a break......  October?

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow