The Advantages of DR400 vs DR200 vs DR100 - High Contrast Scene

Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,473Gear list
Like?
Re: The Advantages of DR400 vs DR200 vs DR100 - High Contrast Scene
In reply to alexisgreat, Sep 6, 2013

alexisgreat wrote:

Wait, there seems to be some confusion here- based on Trev's other thread, it seems that at M size, ISO 400 and higher in the F, HS and X series, the camera only uses Software EXR at DR 400? What's going on at DR 800 AND 1600, is that all software EXR or a combo of software EXR and hardware EXR with the F, HS and X series, and if a combo of hardware and software EXR with all these cameras, is it only available at M size? What conditions have to be met for the camera to use both (if that ever happens)? M SIZE  DR 800 ISO 200 and M SIZE DR 1600 ISO 400 (minimum ISO to get the most DR- combined hardware and software?  Is this not available at L size?)

I'm sorry, I've spoken to the Mods and there is a limit to the number of questions which can be asked:

1) In one sentence

2) one paragraph and

3) one post.

Because you exceeded all three at once you will have to wait 20 minutes or more while I have a drink...or two.

No need - prime answered very capably.

What settings need to be used to maximize the EXR sensor for the most possible dynamic range? (resolution, ISO, and DR)?

In practice ISO100 and DR400 in M size are probably going to give you the most dynamic range that you can record under average circumstances.

In theory the answer could be different.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow