Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
prime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,565
Like?
Re: The Advantages of DR400 vs DR200 vs DR100 - High Contrast Scene
In reply to Trevor G, Sep 6, 2013

Trevor G wrote:

prime wrote:

Fujifilm EXR cameras -- that is, cameras with EXR sensors -- can use the software version of dynamic range enhancement technique on top of the EXR hardware dynamic range enhancement,

Only possible with the X series cameras in EXR mode (that is, the mode dial is turned to the EXR position) in positions DR800 and DR1600. When I get time I'll examine our F series images.

It works that way with the F70EXR.  I never have felt an itch for DR800, as (hardware) DR400 on the F70EXR was such a giant leap forward from the resolutely DR100-is-all-you-get of our previous F30, we basked in the improvement and asked for nothing more.

There is a slight highlight benefit at DR800 but I found DR1600 to result in noticeably lower contrast images on a high contrast scene, which is not generally what most people want.\

This very high contrast (and backlit) scene could not have been captured with a non-EXR small sensor camera; at DR400, I got the shadows and the highlights with the 1/2" sensor F70EXR.

The red glow is a reflection from the vinyl table covering, a portion of which can be seen at the lower right.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow