Ricoh GR Dust Spot

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Logan3-1639
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Re: It is one, not "all over.."
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 11 months ago

Thanks, Tom.

I'll survive, and I know that in the overall scheme of things this delay really doesn’t matter. It's not as if I don't have a camera, but I got spoiled by the GR. It used to be that I would carry a compact camera when it was just too inconvenient to carry a DSLR. Now, I would generally prefer to carry only the GR.

After a couple of months with the GR, I was only using the D7000 with a zoom lens for family events and situations where I'd be expecting to shoot a lot of portraits on the fly. I've taken several day trips where it would have been possible to bring the D7000 along, but I left it home and brought only the GR, and never regretted it.

If I were forced to live with only one camera, it would be an easy choice.

I don't know why Ricoh is repairing my GR instead of replacing it. It would be great if that's because there's a large demand for the GR, and I hope you're right about the 3-7 day turnaround for the part needed to fix my camera. Regardless, I'll get past this, but I do miss the GR. I think about it every day and look forward to its return.

~Ed

Logan3-1639's gear list:Logan3-1639's gear list
Ricoh GR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow