GH3 - Rear screen died today. :(

Started Sep 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
PrimeMover
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Re: GH3 - Rear screen died today. :(
In reply to sea_dragon, Sep 6, 2013

sea_dragon wrote:

Well, my camera has been working fine for the 9 months I've had it... until today.

I was using the camera normally and everything was fine. I powered it on again and went to use the swing out screen and there was no image.

I've done the resets in the menu system but can't find a full factory reset option. Does anyone know if one exists? The menu resets just seem to reset customization settings back to factory.

This is all I see now on the rear screen. Occasionally, when I power up, the display is normal again. But most times now it looks like this. The EVF is working fine so it's just the rear screen that has this issue.

[IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/TheSeaDragon/Misc/2013-09-05201959.jpg[/IMG]

I doubt it's much help but I repaired a GH1 that I bought cheaply on eBay with a dead screen. It turned out to be a blown fuse that protected the back-light power supply. I suspect the camera had been dropped (One of the strap lugs was missing) and a temporary short blew the fuse. Once the fuse was replace the back-light worked again and it has been fine ever since.

In your case it looks like the back-light is fine and the issue is with the screen itself or the electronics that drive it. I don't think a problem like this could be fixed by resetting the camera. I would be returning it for warranty repair.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow