Yikes - my R3000 PK channel has dropped out almost completely???

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Philnw2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,233Gear list
Like?
Yikes - my R3000 PK channel has dropped out almost completely???
10 months ago

I've had my R3000 since Nov 2012 and have been refilling my cartridges with Cone inks since my original carts ran low.  I've probably run 250ml thru this particular cart and last refilled it about 7 days ago. I did a few small prints after refilling and everything worked fine.  For the last 4 days i've been out of town.  When i came back i did a nozzle check and the PK channel only has 3 short segments printing with the remaining PK printing area about 98% missing.  I did a clean and then it went to 100% missing.  Pulled the cartridge out and it felt like it had ink in it - i refilled it again and it took only about 5ml.  I also cleaned the connecting spear in the bottom of the cartridge tray per the video from Cone inks.  Reinstalled the refilled catridge today and did another cleaning and the PK channel is still 98% missing on the print check, even though the digital display shows the cartridge as being full

All other channels are perfect.

Any idea of what may have caused this and what i should do to recover it???

I've not encountered anything close to this before.  Any tips very much appreciated!

-- hide signature --

Phil B
Nex 6, 5n, Pentax K5, Epson R300

Philnw2's gear list:Philnw2's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Pentax K-3
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow