Photographer faces law suit

Started Aug 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
timo
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,366
Like?
Re: No, I Shoot My Subject Matter/Style, Even if Paid
In reply to larrytusaz, 11 months ago

larrytusaz wrote:

No, I disagree. Even if you are paying me, I do a certain "style" and I only shoot the subjects I like, the way I like, even if you are paying me. Maybe you say I'm living in a dream world, but I really think that's how it's supposed to be. If you're a client, you find a photographer who shoots the subjects you like the way you like and you hire those persons. You do not DARE how a photographer that does a different style or subject matter & then think that because you're paying them they're supposed to go against their artistic style and do it the way you want. Nope.

If you like rap, you "hire" Jay-Z etc. If you like rock, you "hire" John Mellencamp. You don't hire Jay-Z and tell him that since you're paying him you expect him to sing "Jack & Diane." You don't hire John Mellencamp & say that since you're the one paying you expect him to rap "Dirt Off Your Shoulder."

I see no difference here. I don't do "Instagram" colors in my portraits, I don't photograph gay-lesbian unions (and I am totally respectful to any persons I meet), and that's that, I don't care if you're paying.

So you are running a restaurant, in which you would like to replicate the atmosphere, say, of Berlin or Paris in the 1920s. The nature of your clientele will a big factor in your success or otherwise. Would you exclude clients on ethnic grounds, in the interests of historical authenticity?

-- hide signature --

tim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow