E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses

Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,690Gear list
Like?
Re: FYI for me...
In reply to Paul Auclair, Sep 5, 2013

Paul Auclair wrote:

hoping some experienced videographers are reading this.

i watched some EM-5 video. author states he learned to set sharpness at -2 with EM-5.

one question I have still is...AE.

i recall fiddling with EM-5 in video mode and not being able to stop the camera from changing exposure level as i panned around the scene.

i normally have the camera set to M for stills so i assume it goes to M when switching to video mode, no?

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Paul

If the exposure changes while you pan why would you not want the camera to adjust to that change? Professionals use additional lighting to prevent changes in exposure. That is why they can shoot with fixed exposure.

In real world non-staged video you want to shoot with Auto ISO with a fixed Shutter speed. You can accomplish that with cameras like the GH3 by shooting in stills mode with the Flicker Reduction set to 1/120 of a second. It will use intelligent ISO in that mode for video regardless of what you have the ISO set to.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow