70-400 II produce worst images than version I?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
raylinds
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Re: 70-400 II produce worst images than version I?
In reply to JPEG Shooter, 10 months ago

I just got my version II last night and haven't had time to really put it to the test yet. I have never used a G I, so I can't compare.  I have to say it is an extremely well built lens- very solid and heavy.  I can't imagine hand holding very often.  The AF was shockingly fast. I was suprised to see that in all but the brightest light, the lens was really off-white.

The G I has the same excellent build quality and optics, and if it has slightly less AF speed, I would imagine it would be plenty fast enough.  The silver vs. white is a personal taste thing, and I'm not sure either is ideal for wildlife photography, thus the aftermarket camo kits. I'm thinking I probably could have saved a few bucks by getting the G I and would have been perfectly happy, but I'm not complaining.

If I owned a G I, I doubt I would feel compelled to upgrade (but, again, I have never used one). IMHO the G II is just so fast, a somewhat slower focus would be perfectly acceptable. Unless you are often in shooting situations that require lightening fast focus, I can't imagine not being estatic with the G I.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow