Dilemma: A99 vs new Olympus E-M1

Started Sep 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
William Curtindale
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,726Gear list
Like?
Your Dilemma (Not A Dilemma At All But Self Imposed)
In reply to Kwick1, Sep 5, 2013

I rarely reply to this type of post (Dilemma). I see you have been a DPreview member since 2009 and figure by now you should know better than any body on the forum what your likes / dislikes and needs are (at least I would hope so).

I looked at all the images on your site and enjoyed them very much (very creative - lots of use of grain effect and all B/W). Although I didn't see a single image that requires FF or expensive Zeiss lenses (or latest / greatest modern day equipment). You are an artist and will produce you images with what ever you have.

So, if weight is the big / important thing for you then that's where you should go. I don't see any risk about a new camera availability date because you already have equipment you can use if it doesn't arrive before leaving on your trip.

To me the biggest risk is having a new camera arrive three days before your trip and not having time to become totally familiar or not having all the little add on you want. In that case I would stick with what you have. You and only you are the best judge of what to do.

Good Luck

-- hide signature --

A99, A900, A700 w/Zeiss Glass + Sony G

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow