Glass bubble in Noctilux f0.95?

Started Sep 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
dale thorn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,758Gear list
Like?
Re: Glass bubble in Noctilux f0.95?
In reply to Gesture, Sep 5, 2013

Gesture wrote:

Good luck. Let us know how the new lens is.

I guess the lens was within specs, but it seems that the front element could have been rejected before full lens assembly, collimation, testing, etc.

Leica is expensive and this is what you are paying for. What I don't like is the sense of "let's see who settles with it." That happens a lot I believe in the used camera business.

It's an interesting thing being in the midde of this, and not having any idea what the big picture is. I would be happy to retain and use that lens under certain conditions since it was performing well, but the man said "Send it back for immediate replacement". I was sort-of hoping when the dealer got the lens they would inspect it and tell me what they think (since the photos here aren't crystal clear on whatever that little object is), but if they don't say anything and just send a new lens, then I'll accept that no news is good news. It's the first removable Leica lens I've had since the f2 35 and 50 mm lenses I had with my M4 and M6, now long gone, so it's an exciting time to experiment with this new f0.95 lens.

dale thorn's gear list:dale thorn's gear list
Leica D-Lux 6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Leica T
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow